PowerPoint is a presentation program developed by Microsoft Company. It is comprised with standard Office suite along with Microsoft Word and Excel. The software provides users to create anything from basic slide shows to complex presentations.
PowerPoint is a complete presentation graphics package. PowerPoint is often used to create business presentations, educational or informal purposes. The presentations are incorporated with slides, which may have text, images, and other media like audio clips and movies. Animated transitions and sound effects can also be included to add extra appearance to the presentation
Mostly PowerPoint presentations are created from a template, including background color or image, a standard font, and a choice of several slide layouts. All changes to the template can be saved to a “master slide,” which stores the main slide theme used in the presentation. When changes are done to the master slide, such as choosing a new background image, the changes are expanded to each and every slide. This keeps a identical look among all the slides in the presentation.
The following gives you a quick overview of what you can do in PowerPoint
- When you create a presentation using PowerPoint, the presentation is made up of a number of slides. These slides of PowerPoint can also be presented 35mm slides.
- In addition to slides, you can print viewer’s handouts, outlines, and speaker’s notes.
- You can format all the slides in a presentation using the powerful Slide Master which will be covered in the tutorial.
- You can keep your entire presentation in a single file- all your slides, speaker’s notes, and Viewers handouts.
- You can also import in another form of Microsoft products, such as Word and Excel into any of your slides.